Thank you, Blue Bus drivers

I would just like to take a moment to thank the Blue Bus drivers. When I think about my experience in the bi-co, which has been extensive, I somehow never think of them. Now that I am doing a lot more driving around the mainline to and from Villanova, however, I would like to thank them. Consider this an open thank you note to all the Blue Bus drivers.

Thank you, Blue Bus drivers, for your tireless service to the communities in the bi-co. Thank you for dealing with the terrible driving decisions that everyone who drives on the mainline makes. I know that they can be very aggressive at times, especially when they are driving their kids to and from school, which baffles me. Thank you for always waiting for that one person who is sprinting out of class to make the bus. I’m sure you make their day. Special shoutout to that one driver who always plays really calming classical or jazz music. Shoutout to all of the other drivers who play popular music even though it must get old after a while and also people who are in the party mood on the bus sometimes sing along (badly). Props to you for keeping your head up through that. And finally, thank you, Blue Bus drivers, for navigating that really tight turn onto Haverford Station road several times a day. I have a hard time with that and I drive a Buick.

Love, Marissa

In all seriousness though, you all do an awesome job. And you all somehow seem to be best friends. I didn’t know that bus driving can bring people together, but I always see the drivers hanging out where there’s 2 busses at the stop at the same time. That warms my heart.