Seven Sisters

My fall break this year was a whirlwind. On Friday, I drove 6 ½ hours through traffic to go home to New England. I spent some quality time with my family and even more quality time the chocolate cheesecake cupcakes that my sister baked. On Wednesday, I drove 5 hours through less traffic to get back to Bryn Mawr. I spent some quality time with my team (kind of like an extended family) and even more quality time with the white chocolate chip pumpkin cookies that my teammate baked. There seems to be a pattern here.

apple team

Apple picking with my lovely team!
photo credits to Coach

On Friday, a week after my fall break began, I rode in a bus for 6 hours through traffic to go to New England for a cross country meet. It was the Seven Sisters meet, one of the biggest meets of our season. Seven Sisters is special because even though everyone has a different name on their singlet, we all cheer for each other during the race. After the race, all the teams get mixed up and we have lunch together. The food this year was phenomenal (lasagna and tiramisu for dessert) and the company was even better. My freshman year I met a girl who was also from Connecticut and had the same track coach as me. This year she made the All-Seven Sisters team. My sophomore year I got to sit next to one of my best friends from high school who goes to school over 300 miles away from me. This year, I met a girl from Ohio who taught me how to cheer like a Buckeye (you put your hand over your head like an O, then point them up to the sky for the “hi”, and then put them in an O again). Seven Sisters is a meet where you not only get closer to your own team, but to other teams as well.

sisters team

photo credits to Matt

On Saturday, I rode in a bus for 5 ½ hours to come back to campus. I hope I don’t see another exit, toll booth, or construction zone until Thanksgiving.